Wednesday, August 21, 2013

I'm gonna hang around, long enough to be part of the furniture.















(cardigan, jeans & boots: H&M, top: Brandy Melville, Shania's boots: Urban Outfitters, rings: H&M, vintage-Black & Brown,Target, bracelets: souvenir gift from Jamaica, Black & Brown, lipstick: Rimmel in Bordeaux)

The title of this post, by the way, is a lyric from "Unzip You Harrington" by The Drowners (which is a band named after a Suede song!).

Summer days are the best because you wake up in the morning and you have the whole day ahead of you to do whatever you want. The days that go completely unplanned are the ones I find most productive. I mean, it's only natural for us to want to break away from routine right? So here's the story of how I stumbled upon the cheaper alternative to Dr. Marten boots on a spontaneous day. 

Tuesday. It was noon, around lunchtime. In the full montage of events: Funny vines, Mean Gurlz parody, Chapter 2 of my Business Law textbook, feast of pasta, chicken nuggets, and green tea ice cream, "Korea Town" at El Camino Real: Paris Baguette and Ramune soda, Goodwill, "Supermoon" at sunset, Santana Row: the perfect floral blazer at Urban Outfitters and black boots (featured in today's post) from H&M, In n Out burgers for dinner, and finally, the city lights up in the hills.

The days for me come in two flavors: I either crave the comfort of my home or I want to spend the entire day roaming around outside. There's nothing wrong with being both an explorer and a homebody!

Photographed by Shania Cheng

No comments:

Post a Comment