Sunday, August 18, 2013

To new beginnings.





(All photos taken at Pfeiffer Beach, Big Sur, California)
 
It was a golden, blazing hot day in the residential slums of a city in the Bay Area as Megan sat at the living room typing furiously on her laptop, emptying the contents of her mind--carelessly ignoring all grammar errors and awkward sentence structures. And though this situation seemed like it would put her in a trance-like state of reflection, it did not. The California heat seeped through the windows and the walls of the non-air conditioned two-story house. So while she struggled to find her voice in the written word, she wrote the introduction to her online journal: the new chapter in her life.
 
Salut! and welcome to the birth of my blog, That Suede Song (which is referring to the song "The Drowners" by Suede).
 
I'm sure we've all heard the stories of the small-town girl who moves to the big city. Well, in my case, it's the opposite. In the fall, I will be leaving the city I've lived in for the majority of my life for a small town near the coasts of sunny California: San Luis Obispo. Otherwise known as the happiest place on earth (sorry, Disneyland). Hopefully, a new place will be the first step towards satisfying my curious mind and my hunger for travel and exploration.
 
To tie all loose ends to my ramblings, as E.E. Cummings once said:
"For whatever we lose (like a you or a me) it's always ourselves we find in the sea."

No comments:

Post a Comment